Project activities included:
- Individual song sharing workshops
- “World Song Circle” events – where people shared their songs with each other, and learnt each other’s songs
- Training for aspiring workshop leaders. Individually tailored learning opportunities for people who wanted to improve their skills and confidence in leading singing workshops. This included mentoring, job shadowing, attending courses, and an eight-week course called “Sing With Me”
- Song recording sessions. We produced a double cd as a result of these sessions
- Showcase event where there were 7 singing workshops, 22 performances and a sharing of cultural food
World Song Derby – Double CD and Songbook
- The double audio cd on its own is £10
- The songbook is available as a pdf file on cd and can be purchased with the audio cd for £20.00
- The printed resource pack is available with the audio cd for £40.00
Please email info[at]kcm-music-derby.org.uk to order a copy of the cd or songbook.
Musicians involved in delivering World Song Derby:
Mel Clarke, Chris Rowbury, Beth de Lange, Rowena Whitehead and Mo Bradshaw.
Additional musicians involved in the Showcase:
Cecilia Patko, Brian Sullivan, Dave Sturt, Ian MacEwan, Amanguni, Suleman, Nick Ratcliffe, and Ian Bradshaw.